in the refining fire
 

 
Sit back and watch my life live me.
 
 
   
 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  
 
Sunday, February 03, 2008
 
so, today someone told me he's gonna marry me. but it wasn't a good moment. instead it was an awkward, i-wanna-kick-you-and-tell-you-that's-never-gonna-happen moment... b/c the guy doesn't know me. i mean, yes it's nice to get some boy attention - not gonna lie - but not when it's all flattery and no substance, and not when it's so presumptuous! african men - bah! the cultural differences can sometimes make for serious frustrations. this guy couldn't even tell you whether or not i have any siblings. he's only ever met one of my hangout friends. and there he was, quoting, 'the Lord will give you the desires of your heart' at me, telling me we were 'meant to be' and that he loves me. GAG! this from the guy whose constant phone calls i've completely ignored. GET A CLUE! not a good way to end church.

whew! just had to rant about that. anyway, church was good. thought-provoking. the sermon was actually about something tim and i chatted about in college once. the passage was from the first part of james 2, talking about not showing favoritism. it made me want to learn greek. while i understand that we should not (nor does God) base things on outward appearances or lauded accomplishments or whatever, i think there's truth in saying that God does give His favor to particular, chosen people. anyway, the wanting to learn greek thing springs from wanting to know whether the word "favoritism" in verse 9 implies the 'based on earthly, non-heart matters' or whether i need to do more thinking to discriminate between God granting His favor to someone b/c of their heart/faith/righteousness and us being instructed to not play favorites. i often consider both the firstborn and the israelites when thinking through this issue. and it still confuses me.

i'm starting to worry about getting all my direct client hours at assist. i may have to start working longer days there. ugh.

i saw an ad for robin hood's second season on bbc america!!! april. everything's coming back in april. (which is after the nce and exit exams, so i won't be too torn between studying and robin hood.) good news is that m&k have already agreed to buy me season 2 when the dvds come out (which should be june-ish). WOOHOO! sad-ish news is that jonas (robin) has said he's ready to check out after season 3. but i guess it's better to end things strong...

this weekend's been total fun. friday lunch with sharon, friday dinner with the ics girls, saturday lunch with dave and roxie, saturday dinner with m&k. fri night i didn't get home until 2:30am after having met up at 7pm or so. sat lunch went for over 3 hours. so many good times.
Comments:
I so don't remember the conversation we had, but I hope it helped. :)
 
Post a Comment

 

 
Home  |  Archives